Book Review: Asperger Syndrome The Oasis Guide Third Edition


I was sent this book for free in exchange for my 100% honest and unbiased review no other compensation was given other than the book.

Asperger Syndrome: The Oasis Guide by Patricia Romanowski Bashe






To start off with I have a 12 yr old Daughter who was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome when she was 7. I remember not knowing a thing about this and wanting to read more about it and the 1st Oasis guide was actually given to my by my daughter's school teacher and I thought it was a lifesaver. Very easy to read and full of very practical advice. It was like a new friend helping you along the way so when the opportunity came to review the 3rd edition I was in. I have to say that this is not the kind of book you read straight through I tend to read the chapters I want to know more about or have as a support guide, I found the tone to be somewhat different this time and a bit less tolerable when it comes to behaviors with AS. 
The upside is the books have tons of resources and supportive guides for you if you want to join a support group, dealing with your occupational therapist and the right questions to ask, dealing with day to day parent stress etc.. I like how it breaks down every facet of AS and makes it easier to comprehend rather than going the scientific or medical route. I would highly recommend this guide for anyone wanting a more comprehensive, broken down approach to AS and how to get support. This book has also inspired me to do more vlogging in regards to my parenting experience with my daughter by choosing several aspects and topics in the book I'd like to cover and elaborate on in our life.

Popular Posts